Marshal your menagerie and stock up on stones —in Patch 7.2: The Tomb of Sargeras, we're calling you back to the Cavernes des Lamentations
to delve into the depths of a pet battle dungeon! This all-new pat battling experience comes complete with a weekly challenge quest, a chance to grab three new pets, and a shadowy figure who warns of more to come.Ok. What is a pet battle dungeon
It’s a fight to the death! But not your death —t he death of your enemy battle pet. . . hopefully.^^ Such drama. What do I have to do
Start by visiting Breanni
's Magical Menagerie in Dalaran in the Broken Isles. Speak to Serr'ah
(Horde) or Lio la Lionne
(Alliance) and pick up a quest: L’appel des cavernes
. The quest warns of disturbing corruption and deviant creatures running amok. Your help is urgently needed at the Wailing Caverns.The Cavernes des Lamentations
? That’s a bit of a trek, right
Not really. Just take the portal in Dalaran to your faction shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. On the ledge outside you'll find a gnome who sells a portal to Ratchet for the paltry sum of 10 gold. Done. So, what do I do when I get there
Fly to the skull rock formation just outside the Cavernes des Lamentations
and speak to Muyani
, one of Naralex’s disciples, to enter the dungeon.How many quests are there
A one-time quest kicks off the event, then you'll have one weekly challenge quest. For the weekly challenge you won’t be able to heal or revive your pets once you're in the instance.Wait. What
You cannot heal or revive your pets. Look, we did say challenge so we’ve made things. . . challenging.How many level 25 pets will I need
You only need one level 25 pet to enter the dungeon for the first time, but we'd definitely advise having three ready to rumble. For the weekly challenge quest you will need a minimum of 15 level 25 pets to complete the dungeon. If you’re new to pet battles, visit WarcraftPets
. You’ll find guides on how to get started
, capturing pets
, and abilities and strategy
. What do I get
The first time you complete the dungeon you’re rewarded with an Pierre de combat d'entraînement ultime
. This magical stone instantly levels a pet from 1 to 25 and from any quality to rare, which is nice. And because it’s the first time you’ve completed the dungeon, you’re given the option to go straight back in to try the no-heals challenge run. From then on it’s a weekly, account-wide quest which rewards an amazing sack of Damp Pet Supplies!*heavy silence
It doesn’t sound like much, but don’t be fooled: among the leveling stones and Pet Charms are three pets: Everliving Spore, Cavern Moccasin and Young Venomfang.Tell me more about the pet battles
You don't need to shout! The pet battle dungeon has six stages: three 'regular' enemies and three bosses that become progressively more difficult. The three lead-up enemies all fight with a three-pet formation (with a random backline), while the bosses all fight solo. Some enemy battle pets have Elite or Boss buffs, so they might be common in rarity but you can expect them to pack a punch. Here's excactly what's gonna go down:
What’s this about a mystery
- Defeat three common pet teams, led by Deviate Smallclaw, Deviate Chomper and Deviate Flapper. They are from the Beast, Aquatic and Flying families and they've got friends tagging along.
- Defeat Son of Skum, the first boss. This is a rare Beast pet who uses Thunderclap to stomp on your entire team. It’s mean, but effective.
- Defeat three uncommon pet teams, led by Phyxia, Dreadcoil and Vilefang. They are all serpents from the Beast family and, of course, they bring friends.
- Defeat Hiss, a boss from the Beast family. This is an epic pet who uses Squeeze to slow. . . you. . . down. . . for. . . two. . . . . rounds. Painful.
- Defeat two rare pet teams, both led by Growing Ectoplasms. These are rare Magic pets who use Evolution to unfairly increase their damage for three rounds. They also bring friends.
- The first time you complete this dungeon there is an extra stage here involving a mystery which needs to be solved. More on that below.
- Defeat Budding Everliving Spore, the Elemental end-boss of the dungeon. This is a legendary pet who uses a mix of poison and infection to wear you down. Not a nice way to go.
was awakened, we’ve been hearing some very strange noises from within the caverns. Some might call it wailing; nominative determinism at its finest. There’s really nothing more to say—you’re going to have to go there yourself and find out. Any other questions?Sure
! What pets will I need to win the fight
Where’s the fun in that? Go forth! Seek your own path! Or follow an online guide! No judgment here.Gee, thanks
You’re welcome! May your battle pets live long and prosper.