Player versus Player
To bring about better matchmaking in Burning Crusade Classic, we’re updating the Matchmaking Rating (MMR) system to use a calculation design developed after original Burning Crusade, with an MMR range that will be similar to the range seen in PvP in 2008.
- Arena Teams will begin at 0 rating. (Teams began at 1500 in original Burning Crusade.)
- Diminishing returns will have a 15-20 second cooldown window.
- All PvP gear will have consistent personal rating requirements to purchase and equip.
Shoulders = 2200
- Weapon = 2050
- Head = 1700
- Chest = 1600
- Legs = 1550
A major goal we have in Burning Crusade Classic PvP is to provide consistency as we step forward through each Season and phase of content. We believe this will promote a healthier PvP environment that emphasizes the prestige players can feel when obtaining shoulders and weapons in particular.
- All Arena point costs for Arena gear will remain consistent for all Burning Crusade Classic Arena seasons.
- Arena points are awarded during the weekly reset, and are based on the team that earned the most points.
- To qualify for Arena points, your personal rating must be within 150 of the rating of your team, with at least 10 games played, and you must have participated in 30% of your team’s games the previous week.
- Season 1 will feature a unique Rank 1 title, the Infernal Gladiator.
Originally, Rank 1 titles weren’t introduced until Season 2. This is a good opportunity to introduce one for the first season of Burning Crusade Classic.
Seasonal rewards will be delivered to players who reach a top percentage of teams per bracket in their region:
- Rank 1 = 0.1% of top teams
- Gladiator = 0.5%
- Duelist = 3%
- Rival = 10%
- Challenger = 35%
To qualify for a seasonal reward, your personal arena rating needs to be within 100 points of your team’s rating, and you must have participated in 20% of your team’s games.
The Gold/Green Arena flags have been changed to Gold/Purple to improve colorblind accessibility.
Tornadoes will randomly spawn in Nagrand Arena in Season 1.
Alliance PvP Vendors
- We want to recreate the experience of these unique map mechanics as they were originally introduced.
PvP vendors have been configured to make Season 1 behave more like subsequent seasons than it did in original Burning Crusade.
Horde PvP Vendors
- Captain Dirgehammer sells level 70 honor armor.
- Captain O’Neal sells level 70 honor weapons.
- Master Sergeant Biggins sells Pendants, Medallions, Bands, and gems in Season 1.
- Lieutenant Karter will now sell Reins of the Black War Elekk starting in Season 1. (Was available in Season 4 of original Burning Crusade.)
- Master Sergeant Biggins will now sells Star’s Lament and Star’s Tears in Season 1. (Was available in Season 2 of original Burning Crusade.)
- Lady Palanseer sells level 70 honor armor in Season 1, at item levels 113/115/123.
- Sergeant Thunderhorn sells level 70 honor weapons in Season 1, at item level 115.
- Brave Stonehide sells Pendants, Medallions, Bands, and gems in Season 1.
- Raider Bork now sells the Swift Warstrider starting in Season 1. (Was available in Season 4 of original Burning Crusade.)
- Brave Stonehide now sells Star’s Lament and Star’s Tears in Season 1. (Was available in Season 2 of original Burning Crusade.)